This rustic no-sauce parmesan beef pasta is really quick and REALLY scrumptious, with flavors of garlic and seared tomato.
I don’t know, I just think we all can use more quick recipes that are also filling, tasty, and feed a crowd. So when I come home from the lab and I’m HANGRY, I don’t want to feel like I don’t really have a choice but to get some take-out. That makes me feel defeated and unhealthy. I want to feel healthy and happy—and so does my tummy!
To be honest with you guys, I probably eat pasta at least once a week. I love it dearly and you can do almost anything with it. I mean, if you take a glance at my recipe index up there, you’ll quickly realize I’m completely nutso for it.
And also, I love my beef marinara pasta but sometimes I feel like a no-marinara pasta while keeping the ground beef in the mix (strong source of iron!!). So that’s where the tomato paste comes in to marry the ingredients together but you almost can’t even tell it’s there. It definitely gives it great flavor but it’s very subtle too. What’s not subtle in this dish though?
Put the whole head in there and don’t look back.
Oh! And what’s wonderful about pasta is that you have leftovers upon leftovers! Unless you’ve got a bunch of mouths to feed—then, maybe no leftovers.
Cooking and food is my joy but sometimes I just don’t have the time or energy every single night after work to slave away for hours in the kitchen. So this kind of meal cooks up fast with very little prep work and it may last a while too! I mean come on, last night’s delicious pasta leftovers are a billion times better for a weekday lunch than a cold deli sandwich waiting in the work fridge.
And that reminds me that I really have to get back to work because the data won’t analyze themselves! Back from spending the holidays in California and Washington and I’m in the thick of it now. Work will be seriously hectic for the next month or so.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE
Simple Beef Linguine Pasta with Parmesan and Basil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion puréed
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 oz tomato paste 1 can
- 12 oz linguine pasta ¾ of a 1 lb package
- 1 whole head of garlic peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 handful basil leaves chopped
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.
- Combine beef, onion, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Cook in a large nonstick pan over high heat while mixing.
- At this point, go ahead and add the pasta to the water pot.
- After a few minutes when all the liquid has evaporated from the beef mixture and it starts to sauté, add in tomato paste and combine while sautéing.
- Add garlic and combine. Sauté for a few minutes making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Once pasta has cooked to al dente, mix into the beef mixture and add parmesan. Remove from heat and mix.
- Add basil, give a quick toss and serve. Enjoy!