This sparkling mint limeade is refreshing, citrusy, bubbly, and most definitely the drink of the summer! My recipe for this perfect mint limeade fizzy drink is also SO quick, easy, and OH SO yummy!
A few months ago, I was on vacation and on our last night we had dinner at THE hot spot in town. Okay, nothing I ate at this dinner could touch any food I had on the street or at any small local family joint the whole time we were there.
Why is it that the hottest restaurants in town always seem to be the most disappointing? Just the term “hottest” should’ve steered me away; it’s too pretentious and weird sounding to me, and like there should be a red rope, celebrities, and then me about 4 blocks down at the Alberto’s for the 2-for-1 tacos.
Like I said, this caliente restaurant was a bit of a disappointment. And I hate being let down by a meal. No, I mean I really, really hate being let down by a meal. There’s so much joy that I feel from eating that when it’s not what I expect, I’ll probably still eat it, but I’ll totally be growing horns, growling, and if you look closely enough, smoke will definitely be blowing out my ears.
In between bites, trust that I’ll be obsessing about the fact that “I can’t believe I wasted a meal.” I can’t help it though. It’s an intense physical reaction that seems to overcome me when I’m hungry. Sort of like being hangry, but it’s extremely anticlimactic because when you finally quench your hanger, it’s all just gross and dumb in the end.
And so that’s obviously my one bad trait---because I totally just have one.
Don’t come between me and my food.
But this place had one thing that I couldn’t stop ordering and had to make immediately when I returned home---their mint limeade fizzy drink thingy. Oh golly jeez, it’s just so right.
It’s the freshest and the bestest!
And it’s my signature drink for this summer because I’m too obsessed. Plus, it’s so easy to make too! If you’re going to make lemonade, then stop right now and make this instead because it will not take you any more time at all and it will be your go-to summer drink as well.
It’s incredibly refreshing with a hint of mint that you get from muddling the mint with a few lime wedges before pouring the bubbly, citrusy limeade over the top.
Oh! And if you’re obsessed with Sonic’s crushed ice like I am, do yourself a favor and buy their super cheap (like 2 bucks cheap) and humungous bag of that good stuff for this recipe and make your own amazing, sparkling limeade! And it completely puts their limeades to shame, I tell you. I have to be honest.
And this thing is gorgeous too, is it not? It so very much is.
Isn’t it? Yeah. It is.
Well at least one very delicious thing came out of my inverse-hangry-on-vacation situation.
Also, I should probably consider working on my inverse hanger problem because I live in a civilized society.
Try my equally easy-to-make lemonade slush recipe!
Try my super quick and healthy cantaloupe slush recipe!
The PERFECT Sparkling Mint Limeade - quick & easy - VIDEO!
For the Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
For the Mint Limeade Fizz
- ¼ cup to ½ cup Rich Simple Syrup depending on how tart or sweet you like your limeade
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice juice of 5 to 9 limes, depending on juiciness
- 4 cups 32 ounces Carbonated Water
- Zest of 1 Lime
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Lime sliced into very thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced Mint Leaves ~20 large mint leaves
- Optional: Crushed Ice for serving
- To make the rich simple syrup for the mint limeade fizz, dissolve 1 cup of sugar into ½ cup of water in a small pot over the stove by stirring.
- Once it boils, remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool.
- To make the limeade fizz, add your desired amount of rich simple syrup to a pitcher.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Stir in carbonated water.
- To make the sugar and zest mixture to line the rim of each glass, combine the zest of 1 lime with ¼ cup sugar in a plate.
- Rub 1 lime wedge around the rim of each glass to slightly wet the rim. Dip the rim of each glass in the zest and sugar mixture to coat.
- Add a couple thin lime wedges and a pinch of sliced mint leaves to each glass. Muddle them with the back of a wooden spatula to release the flavors in each glass.
- Add crushed ice to the top of each glass. Add the limeade fizz and enjoy!
~~If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate it below and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos!~~
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE 🙂