One of my life questions—besides asking myself everyday what I want to eat for dinner at lunch—is why would anyone choose to place fruit over the top of pancakes when he or she could easily cook that same fruit into the pancakes, and make them 12 times better?
I’m thinking the answer is one or more of these:
- He or she doesn’t want to take the extra time to place the fruit on top of the pancakes as they’re cooking, because everyone knows that’s much more time-consuming, and not to mention exhausting, than throwing some cut fruit atop already done pancakes.
- He or she wants to eat fresh fruit with breakfast because raw diet something or other.
- He or she wants one plain pancake because pancakes are already too much excitement for one day and that’s quite enough please!
Maybe I’m the crazy one, but here’s the deal with that—I’m the crazy one who also knows how to make the best banana and brown sugar pancakes. No question, I’ll happily live with that.
They’re quick, easy, but completely sinful in the best way possible. The brown sugar sort of crisps up during the process and makes the already caramelizing bananas ever so sweet—so much more enjoyable than sliced bananas simply chucked over the top of some plain pancakes.
Serve them with a healthy pad o’ butter and some good maple syrup, and we’re ready for the day!
But maybe the couch for just a minute or two first.
Watch my YouTube video to find out how I make my banana and brown sugar pancakes and get the recipe below! Hope you all love them as much as I do! Happy eating!
If you enjoyed these pancakes, try my super easy banana protein pancakes that everyone in the family will love (even toddlers!) and do try my perfect sour cream pancakes. And if you want a bowl of something warm for breakfast, you have to try my golden Persian breakfast porridge. If you are looking for a perfect breakfast smoothie, try my healthy chocolate smoothie or my refreshing and tropical anti-inflammatory smoothie.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE!
Follow me on Instagram!
I’m also on Facebook!
And if you want a heads up whenever I post a new recipe, subscribe to my free newsletter by entering your email at the very bottom of the page!
Love, health, and happiness to all of you!
How To Make The BEST Banana & Brown Sugar Pancakes
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- Butter for greasing pan/griddle and for topping pancakes
- 6 Ripe Bananas peeled and sliced at a slight angle
- 1 cup of Light Brown Sugar approximately 1 tablespoon per pancake
- Warm Maple Syrup for topping
- Crack eggs in a medium mixing bowl, add vanilla, and whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Mix in sour cream to the dry ingredients until just barely incorporated.
- Whisk in the egg mixture until just incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick griddle/pan to medium/medium-low.
- Grease the griddle with some butter.
- Once butter has melted, quickly add about ½ cup of batter to the griddle. If you have enough room, add more batter, making sure to keep enough space between pancakes.
- Quickly add about 3 or 4 banana slices per pancake.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar over each pancake.
- Once bubbles start forming on the pancakes, flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Adjust griddle heat accordingly.
- Optional: Take additional banana slices and cook individually until caramelized on each side.
- Serve pancakes with some butter, warm maple syrup, and additional caramelized banana slices. Enjoy!