These BEST EVER Cinnamon Rolls are fluffy, ooey-gooey, and oh so tender. You’ve never had a Cinnamon Roll taste this perfect.
Cinnamon rolls need to be ooey and gooey, soft and warm, with plenty of sweet cream cheese frosting that slowly melts into all that cinnamon-sugar goodness.
We all know that the middle of the cinnamon roll is the best part of the roll. But let’s say your cinnamon roll is so soft and fluffy that the whole thing seems like the middle. Now that’sa ma kind of cinnamon roll!
Well this recipe is all of the above and is inspired by the beloved and ever-devoured Cinnabons. And making them from scratch makes them so much better (and wayyyy healthier) than any you could ever buy.
So first of all, I’m not talking healthy like low-cal, low-fat, gluten-free healthy. Because this recipe ain’t none o’ that. It’s full of butter. Let’s be real. You’re here for THE ULTIMATE, THE BEST, THE RICHEST cinnamon roll recipe, so the last thing you’re interested in is cutting out flavor. So then we’re not cutting out any butter. In fact, this recipe probably has more butter than most others you can find. Why? Because it tastes better and as an incredible antioxidant, butter is in fact healthy so don’t anyone even think about touching that nasty margarine because that’s a NO. A definite never. Need I even explain?
And as long as we’re not eating these yummy sweet treats day-in and day-out, I’d say we’re pretty safe as far as the more popular definition of “healthy” goes.
I hope you try these out and gobble them up while warm because that’s just something quite special, isn’t it? And trust that they will get gobbled up because they’re way too scrumptious to just hang out on in the fridge. But just in case, you can totally freeze these even after you bake them and just pop them into the microwave and they turn out just like they were freshly baked.
Enjoy them and love them because I sure did—I consumed way, way, way too many of these sweet treats while recipe testing. It was out of my control, what can I say?!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE!
Follow me on Instagram!
I’m also on Facebook!
And if you want a heads up whenever I post a new recipe, subscribe to my free newsletter by entering your email at the very bottom of the page!
As always, love, health, and happiness to all of you!
How to Make the BEST Cinnamon Rolls – VIDEO!
- 1 cup Whole Milk warmed (not hot)
- 1 1/4 ounce package Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour I usually grab Whole Foods 365 Organic Flour because it has no additives. The only ingredients should be flour.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup 2 sticks Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add yeast to milk and give a little stir. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and butter and cream together.
- Add in two eggs and combine.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add flour in stages to incorporate well. Use your clean hands to get it well-combined.
- Give milk-yeast mixture a whisk and pour into flour mixture.
- Use hands to knead the dough until it’s smooth and not so sticky. It will take a few minutes.
- Place the dough in a large, well-oiled bowl and cover until it rises to about double its size. It’ll take about an hour.
- Once it doubles, roll dough out thinly (approx. 1/4-inch thick) on a clean and floured surface.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the cinnamon-sugar filling, smear 1/2 cup butter all over surface of rolled-out dough, edge to edge.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add brown sugar and cinnamon, and whisk together to combine.
- Add cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the top of the dough, edge to edge.
- Starting from a short edge, roll the dough tightly, as if you’re making a jelly roll.
- Once roll is made, using a sharp knife, slice in half and then slice each half in half again. Then slice each of those into thirds.
- Place pieces onto a greased baking sheet, with about 1 inch of room for each piece.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until just barely starting to get golden brown on edges. Don’t over-bake.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, make frosting by mixing together all the frosting ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Once you take them out of the oven, add a generous amount of frosting to each cinnamon roll and enjoy it! 🙂
- ~~If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate it below and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos!~~