BEST Mexican Shrimp Ceviche - VIDEO!!
Try for yourself and see why this Mexican shrimp ceviche recipe is the BEST shrimp ceviche you can possibly find. I mean it. And in the video and post I even give you the low-down on the best & healthiest kind of shrimp to buy.
- 2 pounds shrimp frozen or raw, peeled with tail off
- 1 red onion diced
- 5 Persian cucumbers diced
- 2 avocados diced (firm is better than soft so that they don't get mashed in the dish)
- 1 pound cherry or plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup frozen corn (if you can find fire-roasted frozen corn, that's really great in this recipe too)
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup (I prefer the taste of Kensington's organic ketchup)
- few dashes favorite hot sauce (I prefer Tapatio). Add as much as you prefer.
Boil a pot of water. Add 2 teaspoons sea salt to the boiling water.
Add the shrimp for a few minutes or until just cooked. Look for the tails to curl up, which indicates they are cooked. Remove cooked shrimp to a clean plate.
When cool enough to handle, dice shrimp into chunks and add to the largest glass bowl you own. Add half of the lime juice and toss together.
Add in onion, cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes, frozen corn, and cilantro.
Add the rest of the lime juice to a small mixing bowl and mix in olive oil, 2 teaspoons of sea salt, ketchup, and as much or as little hot sauce as you like.
Add this mixture to the bowl of shrimp and veggies and give it a good toss.
Serve shrimp ceviche with tortilla chips or tostadas.
~~If you enjoyed this recipe, please rate it below and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos!~~
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 2105mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 694IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 3mg