Roasted Salmon Pasta Salad
- 2 salmon fillets with skin removed
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 bunches of dill about 2 handfuls, chopped
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 celery stalks split in half lengthwise, then sliced thinly in the other direction
- 1 fresno red chile sliced thinly, discarding the stalk end that contains the majority of the seeds
- ¾ cup cooked peas room temperature
- 8 oz. pipette pasta or about ½ a box; obviously it doesn’t have to be pipette pasta. Use whatever you like.
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil depending on your taste
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400º F (204º C). Place both salmon fillets in a baking dish and add 2 tbsp ghee, 1 bunch of chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Rub ghee mixture all over and under the salmon. Rubbing it underneath will keep it from sticking once it’s cooked. Place in oven for 20 min. to roast. Remove from oven, place in a large bowl and using a fork, break the salmon apart into small pieces. Let cool in the fridge.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add plenty of salt and give it a stir. Then add the pasta. Cook until al dente (about 7 min.), drain, and rinse until pasta cools to stop the cooking process.
In the large bowl, combine salmon, another chopped bunch of dill, celery, the fresno red chile, peas, 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon, salt, and pepper. Then fold in the pasta, serve, and enjoy!
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg