Ooey, gooey, cheesy and delicious! We can’t get enough of these calzones for a super easy weeknight dinner or even a date-night for my fellow homebodies out there!
Hi friends! Here it is!
The FIRST video recipe from Honest and Tasty has arrived! And it’s one of my favorite go-to recipes for any night.
It’s Cheesy Sharp Cheddar and Beef Calzone time!
The recipe for this ultra savory and very addicting dish is below. And click here for the original blog post for this simple simple SIMPLE recipe!
Enjoy! And thanks for watching and reading and just hangin’ out a bit!
‘Til next time!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE
- ⅔ lbs. ground beef
- ½ large onion (or 1 small onion), grated with food processor or box grater
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper, or to taste
- 11 oz. thin crust pizza dough
- 1 small can of tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 2 oz. sliced black olives (or a handful)
- 7 thai chili peppers, sliced
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Combine beef with onion, paprika, garlic powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
- In a pan, cook beef mixture on high heat and break up the beef to small pieces. Mix around to sauté for about 8 min or cooked through. Liquid will have evaporated and at that point beef should sauté in its own fat for a couple minutes to give a nice sauté. Next, remove from heat and prepare rest of calzone.
- Spray/grease a large cookie sheet with oil.
- Place pizza dough onto sheet and top one whole half of dough with tomato paste. The other half will be folded over to close the calzone.
- Add the beef on top of the tomato paste.
- Add the olives.
- Add the chili peppers.
- Top with the cheese.
- Fold other half of dough over to to meet the ends and use your fingers to bind the ends and fold over.
- Make a few slices in the dough (or poke holes) to let air out while cooking.
- Pop into the oven for 20 min. Cut and enjoy!